This post contains affiliate links, for more information see my disclosure page.
It’s hot, it’s summer, and it’s time to make sure that pool/beach bag has all of the essentials!
We keep the pool bag at arms length during this time, you never know when friends will call and say “meet me at the pool” it happens all the time around here.
When summer hits I just want simplicity! I’ve put together a few of my favorite things for summer and if you are an Amazon Primer then you can have this stuff before the weekend hits!
1. Chapstick: Sun Bum is my absolute favorite for summer lips. It has SPF 30 with UVA/UVB protection. It is so smooth on the lips and smells amazing. It’s also hypoallergenic, paraben free, gluten free, and vegan. My pick is the coconut scent but you can choose from several, I’m sure they all smell great!
2. Sunblock for the face: Most foundations come with a little SPF in them but my current one doesn’t so I mix it with Clinique Super City Block It has SPF 40 and a slight tint in it so you can use it as a primer, mix it, or wear alone to the pool and you don’t look like the walking dead because of the tint it has. They also make a 25 SPF that I wear in the fall and winter.
3. Big Bag: This bag is trendy with a cute pom-pom but more than that it’s spacious with lots of compartments. There are 2 pockets on the outside and 3 on this inside, one of which is zippered. In addition to a big bag I keep a few small zip locks inside to put small things in like keys, chap stick, and cell phone.
4. Face & Body Sunscreen for the kids: Coppertone Clearly Sheer is my pick for the kids, it has plenty of coverage and doesn’t sting their face. My oldest, Xander has complained in the past of sunblock hurting his face, this one doesn’t! I also go ahead and buy the 50 SPF spray in the 2 pack, one to leave in the bag and one for backup that stays at home.
5. Antibacterial: We are always snacking poolside so for a quick cleanse I reach for the Purell!
6. Face Wipes: Speaking of quick cleanse wipes, these are a serious must. Have you ever gotten home from a last minute pool trip and looked like you went 3 rounds with Laila Ali? That mascara will be from eyelid to nostril if you don’t take it off. These LimeLife Make-Off remover wipes will take a full face of make-up off and have you ready to dive in fast! You can even get them individually wrapped to throw in your pool bag for even easier living, y’all know I’m all about simplicity in the summer! My sister-in-law, Kayla Walker, she is the real pro, reach out to her and let her customize a skincare line to fit your needs. The wipes are 20% off right now!
Don’t forget to throw in a good book or magazine. I have this one in my cart, I’ve heard so many great things about Everybody Always by Bob Goff and I can’t wait to get my hands on it!
Leave me a comment and tell me some of your summer must haves, I would love to hear from you!
In June of last year I wrote a blog on Freedom in Forgiveness. If you are carrying some heavy weight I want to encourage you to read this one. Save it for later while you are at the pool if you want but make sure that you are letting go of anything that could prevent you from the freedom of forgiveness.
Happy Summer Friends!
Have Zest and Have Fun!
(pin for later!)