IT’S MARCH! I’m snipping the blooms off of my flowering trees and nestling them into a mason jar full of delta water, I love bringing the outdoors inside. Just as I do each month, I’m sharing my goals for March. Also, I am adding to the monthly goals, Kristin’s Kraves. It will have products that I am using and loving.
This content uses referral links. Read my disclosure policy for more info.
First up, Kristin’s Kraves
For as long as I can remember I’ve had a little redness on my cheeks, it’s just one of those things that I’ve always dealt with. My sister-in-law, Kayla Walker talked to me about a product line named Limelight by Alcone. Just like with anything, I researched it, read about the ingredients and the company as a whole. It didn’t take long for me to be sold, even before I tried it, I was sold. The company empowers people to achieve their goals, and as a goal setter myself this intrigued me. It’s a family owned company that provides professional make-up at a price that is affordable. After using it for nearly a year I can say, the coverage is better than anything I’ve ever used. The skin care is just as wonderful, it to has helped with my rosy cheeks~ Go check out her website by clicking on Kayla’s name or check out her ..social media account
Kayla is very passionate about this company, helping women to feel the best about themselves, and she is a wonderful friend and sister to me.
Both in our Limelight foundation 😉
Every month I set out to reach goals and every month I look forward to doing this. It’s part of my “life your best life” tool, when I am reaching for things that bring joy to my life then I’m replacing negativity with what brings me cheer. Set out each month to do the same in your life, I want to hear about your goals, sound off in the comments!
- Decorating for each holiday is something I’ve done since I’ve lived on my own. If you walk in my house on any given holiday you’ll see my best HGTV efforts at work, trying to channel my inner Joanna Gaines. For Easter I’ll pick some fresh daffodils put them in a vase along with other odds and ends that coordinate with pastel colors. It’s just one of those quirks I have, I adore a festive table. I’ve already marked #1 off of the list, it was a beautiful weekend and I just couldn’t help myself, Easter and pastels are all over my house now! Who says you don’t have a spot for grandma’s old doilies?
- Food Journal, with a food journal I’m able to hold myself accountable for the foods I put in my body. Not only can I do that but I can do one of the other things that simplifies my life, I can meal plan. I got this new weekly meal planner, to help me achieve this goal.
- Meraleigh and I will head off to Magnolia, AR where she will serve as flower girl for our very special cousin Haley Bird. We will meet up with my mom, grandmother, and a slew of Aunts and Cousins. My husband likes to joke that the women in my family get together for “National Potato Chip Day.” What can we say, we love spending time with one another.
- Paint Easter Eggs with kids. A few years ago I found these plastic eggs and since then we have a little rainy day set aside where the kids personalize the eggs. You’ll see a few pained ones in the basket above. They look forward to painting the eggs, it’s fun to pull them out year after year and see how their skills have changed.
- Listen to a new podcast. Let’s face it, white lightning (2007 Toyota Camry) doesn’t get XM radio, I get FM or AM radio so my listening choices are limited. If I’m traveling or just running errands, I like to listen to podcast. They encourage, give new tips and ideas, and just help me to grow as a person. I’m looking for something inspirational, if you have a favorite let me know who you are loving.
- Flex Rod my hair. I’ve tried tons of curling irons and sets of hot rollers and none can get this hair I have to hold a curl. I’ll spend 30 minutes curling it and walk out of the house with straight hair. I was so desperate in college for Jessica Simpson curls, so my best friend and I got a perm!!! It was what the salon called a “bad set of perms” needless to say, we both lost hair. Her bans broke off and I had bangs in the back of my head….total nightmare. I met a sweet lady with flex-rods in, her advice alone made me so curious. I ordered them and can’t wait to give them a try! If you have hair tips on keeping a curl, please share!
- Take pound cake to Fire Department. Doing things for others makes them feel valued and important. Thinking of others can make a huge difference in your corner of the world. Putting someone before myself keeps me grounded and allows me to serve in my community. It’s not much but to see how the looks on their faces is really uplifting. I’ll use my great mothers old bundt pan and the recipe below. Try to think of someone to take goodies to then give it a try. It does not have to be a pound cake, I’ve even picked up cookies from a local spot and attached a sweet note. It’s the little things.
Kristin's Southern Pound CakeThis pound cake is everything southern but in food form!
- 3 stick Butter Softened
- 3 cups White sugar
- 6 medium Eggs Room temperature
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbs Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Almond extract
- 1/2 tsp Lemon extract
Cream butter and sugar until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, completely mix after each egg addition. Alternate adding the flour and heavy cream, mix thoroughly. Stir in the extracts. Grease and flour 9.5 bundt pan. Place the mixture in and jiggle pan to set the batter. Put into a cold oven and bake at 325 on the center rack, middle of the oven for 1 hour and a half, check by inserting a toothpick in, if it comes out clean, its done. Serve and enjoy!
Have Zest and Set some new Goals!